Ferd grew up in Quincy, IL, and moved to Kansas City to attend Rockhurst University to pursue his education and play college baseball. Ferd enjoys chasing deals, playing sports with friends, reading great books, politics, involvement in his church, and spending time with his wife, son, and daughters.
– Introduction of the guest, Ferd Niemann IV into the show
– Ferd shares something interesting about himself
– Ferd explains why he chose to be in real estate and why he shifted from being an attorney to a real estate investor
– Ferd shares his first real estate deal
– How and Why Ferd pick Mobile Home Parks
– Importance of researching every asset class
– Due Diligence
– Steps to go through when receiving an operating memorandum from a broker
– “Trust But Verify”
– What to do during Due Diligence: Checklist
– Checklist #1 – Get a Phase One Environmental
– What is Phase One Environmental and Why it is Important
– Checklist #2 – Perform a Survey
– Checklist #3 – City and State Permits
– Is zoning still needed even the park has been around for 50 years?
– Landmines to avoid while performing due diligence?
– Best real estate deal
– Welcoming listeners back and re-introducing podcast guest, Ferd
– Will Ferd change his business strategy after Coronavirus?
– Favorite real estate finance or and personal development related book?
– Website or tools that Ferd recommends
– Ferd’s advice for beginner investors
– How does Ferd give back?
– How can Wealth Matters Podcast listeners reach out to Ferd?